More debugger bugs

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Nov 28 21:27:05 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 22:09, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > After this step into the
> > unloadPlugins method. You will see the second part of the
> > QStringList issue.
>
> Reproduced. Again, clearly a gdb bug, but in this case:
>
> 	- no workaround is possible
> 	- I think I can fix this in gdb

Good that you can reproduce it, but it is a bad sign that it may require
a patched gdb. Mine is 6.5 from the not-yet-release SUSE 10.2.

> > Now in the framestack try to go back one level. You will see the
> > framestack bug.
>
> I can't reproduce it.
>
> > And of course you should see those error dialogs as well. After
> > steping even more in the code inside unloadPlugins I just had to
> > abort the debugging due to the big amount of error dialogs I got.
> > :-(
>
> I can't reproduce this either. I've stepped though the function till
> exit with no errors. Let me check -- are you using make, with
> debugging enabled? If not, please tell how exactly you've built
> kdevelop.

My KDevelop (both that I run and what I debug as they are the same) were
compiled with unsermake. The configuration options used:
--disable-rpath --disable-closure --enable-libsuffix=64 --enable-debug--enable-gcc-hidden-visibility

unsermake shouldn't matter, about the rest I doubt, only --enable-debug
(without full) messes up the debugging a little. I built it with the
kdesvn-build script.

The system is a AMD 64, g++ 4.1.2, ld 2.17.50.0.5, KDE from 3.5 branch,
Qt 3.3.7.

This is not the first time I see the error messages, but IIRC stepping
through the frames worked relatively well (it had other bugs fixed
meantime) during August/September when I used KDevelop 3.4 for KDE4
development.

Andras