KDevelop's QMake Manager

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 19 09:17:42 UTC 2006

On 19.11.06 00:16:42, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> On Saturday 18 November 2006 19:45, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > If you encounter any problems, please send them to kdevelop-devel.
>
> I just happened to catch those changes.  I also encountered a bit of a
> problem.  I was using the Qt from rsync, but I built that without Qt3
> support.

That was Qt4 then?

>  I tried using KTextEditor::Editor in my project and found I needed
> what appears to be a Qt3 header.

KTextEditor::Editor from KDE4? I thought that was already completely
ported...

> I had set the $QTDIR to the snapshot image
> when I loaded Kdevelop the first time.  I unset the variable and reloaded.
> That's when I got the dialog asking for the directory location.  I told
> it /usr/lib/qt

That looks like Qt3 though. So do you work with Qt3 or Qt4? You
eventually have to change the version option under Project Options->C++
Support->Qt Tab.

> and it told me that wasn't a valid Qt directory.  I'm on SuSE
> 10 right now.  Any idea why that happened?

Ok, I need to explain a bit more in that dialog. KDevelop detects a Qt
directory by checking that the directory contains inlcude/qt.h or
include/Qt/qglobalh. depending on the version of Qt used. So make sure
you've selected the dir that has a bin, include, lib, share, mkspecs and
so on in it.

If SuSE doesn't provide that please tell me, then we need to think about
a different solution.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.