KDevelop's QMake Manager

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Sun Nov 19 05:16:42 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 19:45, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 18.11.06 17:15:00, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry, I can't reproduce this here. Is that really KDevelop3.3.93 from
> > > SVN?
> > >
> > > Andreas
> >
> > Oh, I see.   I haven't been keeping up.
> >
> :) Guess you did still use 3.3.something from branches/KDE/3.5? That was
>
> really bad, qmake manager got a large rework and shouldn't overwrite
> anything anymore now (unless you click the right ui-option).
>
> > It forked since I set up my build
> > script.  I'm trying to fetch and build this:
> > `svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/kdevelop/3.4/ kdevelop'
> > right now.
>
> Hmm, You should've waited a bit more. I just commited a small fix to ask
> for the Qt installation directory upon project opening if it is not set
> yet. I need that directory properly set for the project manager to work
> fully and correctly.
>
> But you can set the dir by hand going to Project Options->C++
> Support->Qt tab.
>
> If you encounter any problems, please send them to kdevelop-devel.
>
> Andreas

I just happened to catch those changes.  I also encountered a bit of a
problem.  I was using the Qt from rsync, but I built that without Qt3
support.  I tried using KTextEditor::Editor in my project and found I needed
what appears to be a Qt3 header.  I had set the $QTDIR to the snapshot image
when I loaded Kdevelop the first time.  I unset the variable and reloaded.
That's when I got the dialog asking for the directory location.  I told
it /usr/lib/qt and it told me that wasn't a valid Qt directory.  I'm on SuSE
10 right now.  Any idea why that happened?

Steven