Support for distributed compiling in Kdevelop

Kanniball o.kanniball.o at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 17:10:18 UTC 2006

Hi!

I've proposed this, as part of a porject for a class in university.
It has been accepted, so now I'm ready to start.
This will be a two man project, our deadline is short and we still need to
deal with the lack of c++/qt/kde libs.
So as I talk with "teatime" on IRC, I think I will use the kdevelop 3.4
version as base for development. I know that this version is already in
feature freeze, and the new developments are done in the new trunk for 4.x
version. But I plan to develop this and then find out what needs to be done
to port it to the new version.

This project has been suggested as a SOC project, and I've tried it without
luck. I'm already familiar with distcc ( I use it on my gentoo system ), and
I will figure out about icecream.

So if there's anyone who want to send me suggestions and point me some
directions I would appreciate it.

Best regards,

Paulo Fidalgo