RFC: Better Simplified-IDEAL tab drawing

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 10 18:30:36 UTC 2006

Ok, since I'm not familiar with QT4... does it provide the sort of
'collapsible tabs' that KDevelop uses? (I looked but didn't see that it
did). If so, forget the rest of this message.

If not, has anyone considered offering a way to let styles draw
KDevelop's collapsible tabs more like tabs and less like buttons?
Specifically, I had an idea to set the Style_Top/Style_Bottom and
Style_Horizontal flags to indicate that a button is in fact a tab, so
that styles could use this information and change how they draw these
widgets appropriately.

Any thoughts? I didn't think of any other way for a style to know that
it is drawing KDevelop's "tabs".

--
Matthew
"You're older than you've ever been / And now you're even older"