RFC: Better Simplified-IDEAL tab drawing

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Nov 10 19:44:24 UTC 2006

On 10.11.06 12:30:36, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Ok, since I'm not familiar with QT4... does it provide the sort of
> 'collapsible tabs' that KDevelop uses? (I looked but didn't see that it
> did). If so, forget the rest of this message.

It does, though not completely the same type. The Qt4 QDockWidgets can
be collapsed into a button.

> If not, has anyone considered offering a way to let styles draw
> KDevelop's collapsible tabs more like tabs and less like buttons?

That is already happening, AFAIK. KDevelop allows the style to define
how the "buttons" look like, so all you have to do is use a proper
style.

> Specifically, I had an idea to set the Style_Top/Style_Bottom and
> Style_Horizontal flags to indicate that a button is in fact a tab, so
> that styles could use this information and change how they draw these
> widgets appropriately.

I'm not 100% (I don't know the simple-ideal code, it is adymo's code)
but I think this would mean you'd have to change Qt code.

You will wish you hadn't.