QMake parser in kdev3.4 chokes on Qt4 projects.pro file

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 9 23:58:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

I was just about ready to check wether my latest changes makes it
possible to read the whole qt4 buildsystem into kdevelop properly, when
I discovered that we introduced a parsing problem with the last changes
to the parser.

The problem is that the parser cannot handle nested functioncalls of the
form

foo(someargument, $$otherfunc(bar)) {
}

With a simple change in the lexer I was able to make it recognize the
above, but when there are more than 1 function call nested there's a
parsing problem again.

I don't think this is solvable in the lexer, because we more or less
need to count the closing braces.

Adymo: Could you please have a look? I'm not going to be able to work on
kdevelop until monday evening (CET).

Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.