SVN plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Nov 7 13:59:35 UTC 2006

On 07.11.06 07:44:34, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 11:31:49AM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 07.11.06 21:01:57, Megan Webb wrote:
> > > I was looking at rapidsvn, and their api:
> > > http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/svncpp.html
> > > and thinking "plugin".
> >
> > But that is only a very small part of a subversion support part in
> > kdev3.4 or 4.0. Even the existing svn io-slaves provide much more than
> > that (context menu, dialogs for messages, dialogs for
> > authentication...). No need to reinvent the weel here, I think...
> >

> You are right when you say that is only a very small part of the
> subversion support. However, the svn ioslave is unmaintained

You mean the one in kdesdk ;)

> and there is no cvs ioslave and I personally think that they would
> work better in KDevelop if we didn't depend on ioslaves but rather any
> sort of API provided by the

Yeah, I think thats reasonable. If we have code-refactoring in kdev4 we
surely want to link that with the vcs-manager...

> projects. For CVS we're pretty much out of luck,

Hmm, who in the world uses CVS nowadays ;)

> but subversion does have a
> client API that we can use at least.

There's even a Qt wrapper around libsvn1 which is based on rapidsvn's
C++ api. It currently is part of the source of kdesvn (which also
provides a good ioslave), maybe we can convince the author to split
kdesvn between the app and the lib+ioslave. (Just thinking out loud
here)

You attempt things that you do not even plan because of your extreme stupidity.