SVN plugin

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Nov 7 13:44:34 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 11:31:49AM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.11.06 21:01:57, Megan Webb wrote:
> > I was looking at rapidsvn, and their api:
> > http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/svncpp.html
> > and thinking "plugin".
>
> But that is only a very small part of a subversion support part in
> kdev3.4 or 4.0. Even the existing svn io-slaves provide much more than
> that (context menu, dialogs for messages, dialogs for
> authentication...). No need to reinvent the weel here, I think...
>
> Andreas

You are right when you say that is only a very small part of the
subversion support. However, the svn ioslave is unmaintained and there is no
cvs ioslave and I personally think that they would work better in KDevelop if
we didn't depend on ioslaves but rather any sort of API provided by the
projects. For CVS we're pretty much out of luck, but subversion does have a
client API that we can use at least.

Thanks
--
Matt