MI branch merge

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat May 20 13:13:25 UTC 2006

Some more bugs:

1) if you edit a line which had a breakpoint set and press enter, the
new lines will also have a breakpoint set. Same issue if you just
insert lines somewhere: the breakpoints are not moved but are fixed to
the line numbers. This is a bad regression to 2.x days, something I
fixed for the old debugger early in 3.0 development. Basicly means
setting breakpoints useless because as soon as you edit the document
they will not be at the point you really want to. Just enter some lines
and delete some others and everything will be a mess. :-(

2) After doing what is in 1) Delete All breakpoints does not work. I
suspect the bug is just the same: improper handling of lists (e.g when
deleting items).

3) I miss the buttons to delete all or one breakpoint. Using the context
menu requires extra click and mouse movements. Anyway, if you only keep
the menu, add icons there so the menu items are found more easily.

4) when debugging the following for loop:
  for (KURL::List::ConstIterator i = urls.begin(); i != urls.end(); ++i)
  {
    if (!QExtFileInfo::exists(*i, true, this))
  }
in the variables view the content of i (i->node->data) is OK the first
time, but after stepping to the next iteration, it is not, it shows the
first value for i->node->data. Only the following fields are updated:
i->node
i->node->next
i->node->prev
i->node->data->d

but not anything like:
i->node->data0>m_strPath...

This makes debugging such loops impossible.

5) I have some code which look like this:
 KMimeType::List list = KMimeType::allMimeTypes();
 KMimeType::List::iterator it;
 bool status = false;
 KMimeType::Ptr mime = KMimeType::findByURL(url);
 QString mimetype = mime->name();

when entering the method, for mimetype the variables view shows
(inaccessible). After stepping through the line where it is
initialized, it is still (inaccessible). Obvisouly it *has* some value.

6) this might not be a debugger problem, but I noticed that with 3.4 if
I type something and try to undo, the editor looses the focus after the
first undo => you have to click to the editor to perform more undo
steps.

I will send more mails as soon as I find the bugs.

Andras