MI branch merge

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon May 22 06:46:26 UTC 2006

> On Saturday 20 May 2006 15:32, Andras Mantia wrote:
>> On Saturday 20 May 2006 14:18, Andras Mantia wrote:
>> > Another crash when trying to attach to a process:
>>
>> Fixed now. :-)
>
> Thank you! Was the problem that output from ps started arriving before the
> list widget is fully constructed? Any ideas why it's so? I assumed list
> box
> should be usable immediately after it's constructed.

I cannot tell the *exact* reason, but the BT showed problems with event
handling, mainly it seemed that the dialog is not fully initialized when
the result from ps appeared. So I simply delayed the executing of ps after
the constructor finished. It's anyway a good technique to delay the real
work from the constructor, this way the dialog will appear much sooner
(faster user feedback).

Andras
--
Quanta+ developer - http://quanta.kdewebdev.org