Platform split

Alexander Dymo dymo at mk.ukrtelecom.ua
Mon May 1 21:04:05 UTC 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 06:02, Matt Rogers wrote:
> also, the platform module will depend on snapshot like everything else. :)
I'd not do that. Really, what is the difference between trunk and snapshot?
IMHO one - we will be forced to wait for kdelibs changes and fixes two
weeks. That's not right.
Worry about possible breakages by changes in kdelibs? Yes, that's annoying.
But in fact every two weeks (new kdelibs snapshot) we will be faced to the
major breakage inside our code. I'd prefer to fix stuff incrementally and
not dig in the kdelibs commit logs to know what was changed back in the time.

Neither KDevelop nor KDevPlatfrom (and nor Quanta) are stable. Let's spend
a bit more time at kdelibs tracking now and let's not slow down development.