Project loading problems

mwoehlke mwoehlke at tibco.com
Mon Jul 31 15:03:47 UTC 2006

Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Friday 28 July 2006 14:50, mwoehlke wrote:
>> Matt Rogers wrote:

>>> It would be useful if you could try a checkout of
>>> anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/kdevelop/3.4 and see if the crashes go
>>> away. Backtraces would be interesting if you've built kdevelop with debug
>>> information.
>> Ack. Naturally, now that I have rebuilt with --enable-debug=full, it
>> doesn't crash. :-)
>>
>> At least if it does it again, I'll both know what to do, and will have a
>> trace from a debug KDevelop.

>>> raw output of the callgrind output posted somewhere would be the most
>>> useful, since then we'll be able to open it in kcachegrind, analyze it,
>>> and fix the bottlenecks.
>> Ok, is there anywhere good I can post it? I don't have any of my own
>> webspace for that sort of use. (FWIW, I paid attention this last time;
>> KDevelop took about 1:40 to fully start when opening my large project.)
>> Also, is it expected to have three output files?
>>
>> I can at least make this observation: there is a 25% self cost to
>> "tryit()", called by KMimeMagic::findFileType->process->tryit. About 90%
>> of the calls come from methods of CppSupportPart; seems like a place to
>> start looking, at least.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> how large is the output? i might be able to find a place for you to put it

All three combined and bzip2'd are 3873340 (just under 3.7 MB). If
nothing else, I'd be happy to simply e-mail it to you, but that probably
is not the best solution for your end.

--
Matthew
DOS Attack: See America Online -- my college room mate