Status of Qt4 qmake support

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 30 19:39:30 UTC 2006

First THANK YOU!  I have been wanting time to fix this myself, but have not
had an opportunity.  As a point of curiosity do you have any ideas on how to
handle PRI support.  We use them quite extensively at work, and they can
often confuse KDevelop when you include source files in them.   Also, do you
think the custom variable stuff I attempted is salvageable to work for custom
build steps?

On Sunday 30 July 2006 13:12, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is more or less a status update and RFC.
>
> I'm so far done with the "important" stuff, i.e. properly parsing the QT
> variable, supporting resource files and cleaning up the configuration
[...]
> - project settings change affects qmake manager ui
> 	I asked this on IRC but got no response. If a user switches from
> 	Qt3 to Qt4 inside the project options, the qmake manager ideally
> 	should change it's ui (replacing IMAGES with RESOURCES), however
> 	I don't know wether this is possible.
Automagic conversions IMHO can be problems because if we do the wrong things
users get pissed.  Or is this not what you are getting at?  Is this just a
cosmetic level of things, or something more advanced?

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser