Improving qmake-qt4 support in KDevelop3.4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jul 25 16:52:32 UTC 2006

On 25.07.06 08:56:08, Adam Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 6:58 am, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I guess part of the confusion is the small amount of documentation how
> > all this works. Would be really great if that could be improved for
> > KDevelop4...
>
> This is an absolute necessity.  We recognize it.  However, at the moment,
> things are changing so rapidly that any kind of overall guide to the
> KDevelop4 API is premature.

Of course, I wouldn't think about trying anything with kdevelop4 atm
(probably not even until kde 4.0.0 is out).

> I'm trying to document changes and new methods,
> but in the end we're going to need an API review and a real effort to
> document the overrall design and broad scope of the API.

That's good to hear. While the kdevelop3 api doc's give a small glimpse
about how the build systems work, I really feel that I need to read and
understand the source, before I can decide wether to extend qmake or
create qmake4 build system (atm I'm my tendency is to the latter)

You possess a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.