Improving qmake-qt4 support in KDevelop3.4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jul 25 17:44:35 UTC 2006

On 24.07.06 19:19:42, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Monday 24 July 2006 15:06, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 24.07.06 20:46:39, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > However having browsed a bit through the various qmake-related dirs
> > > under buildtools I'm a bit lost ;-)
> > >
> > > Apart from KDevelop's API documentation, is there some kind of
> > > introductory material to how the qmake buildsystem works?
> >
> > Well, I started a bit on  that, and now I'm really confused. According
> > to the docs KDevBuildTool is deprecated, however the
> > qmakeprojectpart.cpp still subclasses it and is the class used for qmake
> > support.
> >
> > Then there's buildtools/projectmanager/importers/qmake which contains a
> > KDevProjectEditor. However there's no KDevProjectImporter...
> >
> > Last but not least there's the real "parsing" stuff (.ll and .yy in
> > lib/parsers/qmake)...
> >
> > I'm really totally confused as to which way I should take (should I
> > implement KDevProjectImporter+~Editor+~Builder, or should I try to do
> > the same as the current qmake manager does)?
> >
> > I'd really appreciate it if somebody (maybe as PM if it's lengthy) could
> > shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> buildtools/projectmanager should be ignored for the KDevelop 3.x series.

And buildtools/lib/parsers as well, I guess? Because I can only see the
parser beeing used in buildtools/projectmanager/qmake and nowhere else.

Well, this means that qmake support is "hardcoded", which explains why
so much stuff doesn't work.

So I'm going to fork buildtools/qmake as qmake4 and I think I should get
a svn account before to do this in a separate branch inside SVN...

You are fairminded, just and loving.