Merging lib/* with src/*

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Sun Jul 23 14:23:47 UTC 2006

On Sunday 23 July 2006 2:42 am, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Saturday 22 July 2006 22:37, Adam Treat wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Mattr and I are going to merge lib/* and src/* in a branch... mm'k?
> >
> > Don't worry, it's gonna be great,  you're going to love it!
>
> I don't have problems having the shell in lib, after all both belongs to
> the platform. Having the controllers/managers directly implemented in
> the lib instead of subclassing them also makes sense. But here are my
> request:
> - live the possibility to rewrite the shel

That's the plan.  For instance, KDevMainWindow will contain virtual functions
for the important stuff like setting up dockwidgets for plugins.  If some app
wanted to use the lib, but change the KDevMainWindow in some fundamental way,
it could subclass KDevMainWindow and call KDevApi::setMainWindow() on it.  OR
something like that ;)

> - live the possibility to use the shell from the lib, but extend it,
> somehow how it is done today.

The shell will be used all over the lib ;)  And an individual app can extend
like above.

Adam