Purpose of "buildtools" .so and .la files

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Tue Jan 17 23:39:05 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 15:44, Jeremy Laine wrote:
You're right saying there are no binaries or libs depending on those
libraries. But we need .la files installed in order to load them
dynamically as plugins (we do that using ltdlopen).
But I'm not sure they need to be installed in /usr/lib.
/usr/lib/kde3 should be fine and you shall fix that probably
in kdevelop svn by using kde_module_LIBRARIES instead of
lib_LTLIBRARIES in corresponding Makefile.am's.