Purpose of "buildtools" .so and .la files

Jeremy Laine jeremy.laine at m4x.org
Tue Jan 17 19:47:04 UTC 2006

> the above 8 files are not in use for the KDevelop 3 series and they can
> be safely removed.

Thank you, I will prune them until this is fixed upstream.

> These are in use for the creation of C++ code completion databases and
> should be kept.

Can I simply move these to /usr/lib/kde3 or is there a risk that this
will break something?

> Also, while you're at it, can you _PLEASE_ unbreak the debian packages
> by removing kdevelop 2 (which is horribly obsolete) and renaming
> everything from kdevelop3 to just kdevelop?

That's definitely on the TODO list, and it should be feasible now that
kdevelop2 has slipped out of "stable". Trust me, I don't need any
convincing on this score, maintaining the patch to rename kdevelop to
kdevelop3 is a PITA :)

While we are being nice to each other, any chance of dropping the
debian/ directory from source tarballs upstream so that we don't need
to keep removing and repacking?

Cheers,
Jeremy

--