in module source reorganization

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Sun Feb 19 18:03:25 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 February 2006 16:05, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Sunday 19 February 2006 15:44, Jens Dagerbo wrote:

> > > Would anyone object if I removed this menu option and the View -> Raise
> > > Editor one too. I'd also like to move the 'Full Screen Mode' menu
> > > option to be under the Settings menu like it is for Kate and Konqueror.
> >
> > I think there is a "usability guideline" that says that all actions
> > should have menu entries for "discoverability". Personally, I never liked
> > to have Raise Editor in the menu, however. So by all means, remove it.
> > Please keep the action & shortcut though. It's frustrating that it's
> > needed, but it is (again, mostly a function of KMDI and the constantly
> > shifting focus).
>
> Is it needed then? It didn't seem to do anything for me - is it not always
> possible to just click on an edit window, so you can type in it? I often
> find I've just type into the edit window when I thought the konsole had
> focus - that is really annoying. It happens in kate too, so it doesn't just
> seem to be kdevelop's version of kmdi.

Of course it's possible to click the editor view, the point is to be able to
get back to the editor without leaving the keyboard. Focus is often
unexpectedly shifted away after things like 'build' and such. IMHO, there
needs to be a keyboard way to get back to the source, but I don't think it's
necessary as a menu entry.

// jens