in module source reorganization

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 16:17:07 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 22:27, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> On Friday 17 February 2006 21:29, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I think the priority should make tidying up excess features, cleaning up
> > the ui and getting Alexander's simplified ideal mode working well enough
> > that we could junk kmdi. Split windows don't seem to work with it for me,
> > but they would be a major improvement it they worked. Then there's the
> > double edit configure menu problem - I don't how much work that is to
> > fix.
>
> Trivial. Paste NewMainWindow::createGUI() into SimpleMainWindow and you
> should be set.
>
> But when I just tried it, SimpleMainWindow worked so bad it was unusable. I
> couldn't even switch to the same file twice. Split didn't seem to work at
> all either. (Maybe the editorproxy hack is messing it up? That'd be
> fantastic, we could junk that..) Unless there is someone that is willing to
> take on truly fixing this before the 3.4 release, I say we should go one
> more round with KMDI. :(
I would love to fix it, but I'm don't know if I'm expert enough with Qt
obscurities to do it. I would really like to get rid of the tabs with the
source filenames, because that metaphor just doesn't work with the horizontal
split view. Unless we added another row of tabs just above the splitter which
would look awful. Kate seems to have a working ideal mode with no daft tabs,
and split views working - would it be possible to use their code for the 3.4
release?

-- Richard