branches/kdevelop/3.4/parts/documentation

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Dec 5 15:07:00 UTC 2006

On 04.12.06 19:54:29, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2006 15:55, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > SVN commit 609730 by apaku:
> >
> > Change from using QProcess to KProcess. Using KProcess and QProcess withing
> > the same application can cause all kinds of weird problems because both use
> > unix signal handlers.
> >
> > CCMAIL: kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org
> >

> I'm seeing a lot of back and forth on this. Are we using KProcess or are we
> using QProcess? what's going on with the process stuff?

KDevelop's code now uses KProcess everywhere because we always use the
Konsole plugin which uses KProcess. QProcess and KProcess don't play
well within the same app, although I have to admit I don't fully
understand the why.

However we need to keep an eye out for bugreports about hangs when
people load kparts other than kate. Those external kparts may use
QProcess, which would cause such hangs. Of course only until we have the
first kdevelop4 beta out, then we can tell people to upgrade to kdev4
where all this will go away :)

You will gain money by a fattening action.