branches/kdevelop/3.4/parts/documentation

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Dec 5 13:33:22 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 03:54, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2006 15:55, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > SVN commit 609730 by apaku:
> >
> > Change from using QProcess to KProcess. Using KProcess and QProcess
> > withing the same application can cause all kinds of weird problems
> > because both use unix signal handlers.
> >
> > CCMAIL: kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org
>
> I'm seeing a lot of back and forth on this. Are we using KProcess or
> are we using QProcess? what's going on with the process stuff?

KDevelop used QProcess in many palces. But KDevelop has a Konsole
plugin, and Konsole is using KProcess. QProcess steals signals from
KProcess making the latter hang indifinetely in some cases. So the
solution is to:
1) use QProcess and get rid of the Konsole plugin
2) use KProcess everywhere.

2) is obviously a better choice.

Andras