Support for distributed compiling in Kdevelop ( ask for help )

Mathieu Chouinard mchoui at e-c.qc.ca
Mon Dec 4 00:35:40 UTC 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 19:16, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 03.12.06 23:52:05, Kanniball wrote:
> > After spent hours bugging people on irc ( no my nick is not Kanniball ;)
> > ) I've decided to post here a call for help.
> > I know that devs are always busy, and sometimes answer this kind of
> > questions is not very pleasant.
> > My propose is to add support for both distcc and icecream.
>
> Then please include a short summary on what needs to be done to use
> distcc for a given project. I personally have no idea how either of
> these two works, but I do know my way through kdev's build support
> system...

to use icecream/distcc you need to have their gcc wrapper in your path
before the actual gcc ...
> > But first of all, how should this be implemented, as a plug-in? as a
> > build tool?
>
> That depends on what needs to be done. If you only need to call make
> with special environment variables or command line switches, you can
> provide a menu-entry, an according slot in the existing build-system of
> your choice (or all).

the easiest way is modify the PATH variable ...
> If you need more, I need more information on what needs to be done to
> use distcc or icecream.
>
> Andreas
a monitor would be nice ;)
Mathieu
--
Tom Tucker:  I think I speak for everyone when I say, New York and everyone
from there can fornicate themselves with an iron stick.