Invitation to participate to a survey of KDE contributors

Matthias Studer Matthias.Studer at metri.unige.ch
Tue Aug 15 14:43:46 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I’m currently doing a research in sociology taking KDE as a case study
(including KDevelop). This study addresses the community as a whole
including the translators, the developers, the active users, etc., so we
invite all contributing persons to answer this questionnaire
http://www.ired.org/kdesurvey/

Answering this questionnaire takes about 15 minutes only.

After answering the questionnaire, you will receive a graph resuming
your participation and will then be free to post it on our server, if
you so desire (see http://www.ired.org/kdesurvey/exemple.php for an
example).

Thank you very much for your participation!

Matthias Studer
matthias.studer at metri.unige.ch
http://www.ired.org/matthias/

I apologize for person receiving this email multiple times. I sincerely
apologize for the spammish nature of this e-mail, I don't mean to abuse
this list.

This study aims to understand the processes of construction of a social
identity in a mature Free/Libre Open Source Software project taking KDE
as a case study. It aims to understand how this social identity evolves
over time and how it is related to a participation trajectory (history
of participation inside the project). We also want to understand the
relation between social identity and more traditional dimensions such as
socio-economic factors, motivation, gift dynamics and Free/Libre Open
Source Software ethics.