change of maintainership in KDevelop

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Sun Apr 2 16:54:07 UTC 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 14:34, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> An off-list email conversation between Hamish and Roberto (Adam and I were
> CCed in Roberto's reply) about the C++ parser has resulted in Roberto
> stepping down from the maintainer post. I have volunteered to take his
> place.

Just to be clear, we are talking about KDevelop maintainership, not c++ parser
maintainership,right?

> Also, it was suggested that rather than maintainership being the burden of
> just one person, it should be shared between a group of people with one
> person being the "lead" maintainer. I also volunteered for the position of
> lead maintainer as well. The group maintainership thing is in no way meant
> to be exclusionary. It's purpose is actually to provide other developers
> with a place to go so that they can get an answer from people who know more
> about KDevelop than the average developer. Please let me know if you'd like
> to volunteer.

This sounds just about like what we always had, even if it was never in any
way formalised. I for one never stopped trying to explain to people how
KDevelop stuck together, even when I wasn't actively working on it. I have no
intention of stopping - count me in. :)

// jens