classbrowser maintainer (was Re: maintainers)

Marius Bugge Monsen mariusbu at pvv.org
Fri Oct 7 16:55:05 UTC 2005

> Hi!
>
> Another good news :-) Marius Bugge Monsen the main author of the model/view
> classes of Qt 4 has decided to join the KDevelop team and help us to use the
> new model/view framework in KDevelop. Marius is currently working on the new
> class browser!
>
> ciao robe
>
> PS: I've updated the wiki page. Finally we have maintainers for all the
> KDevelop' components ;-)

Thanks Roberto and hi all!

For those of you that don't know me, I've worked on projects like the Qt
3 Designer, QSA and now the Qt 4 model/view architecture.
I've also been involved in other open source projects like Coin
(www.coin3d.org), although that was a few years ago.

I'm doing this for three reasons:
1. KDevelop is a cool project to work on because it has SO much
potential. With the restructuring of kdelibs, KDevelop can go
crossplatform and become the standard free IDE everywhere!
2. I spend most of my time programming, and I don't want to waste my
time using a tool that is subpar. Joining the project
that creates the best tool and help making it even better, just makes
sense from a purely selfish point of view.
3. KDevelop is the perfect showcase and acid test for my other project:
the Qt 4 model/view architechture.
This is win-win situation where I can improve both Qt and KDevelop. :-)

If you have any questions, let me know!

Regards,

Marius Bugge Monsen (MBM)