KDevelop / Bachelor thesis

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Wed Oct 5 13:30:30 UTC 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 20:46, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> I'm meeting the prof on Wednesday, which is when I propose the topic to him
> and get to know if he's alright with it.

Yeah, well, he is, I'm in.

He meant it would be best to just concentrate on the parser because it's
enough work for the course, which will consist of converting an ANTLR Java
grammar to kdevelop-pg format, processing the generated AST with an example
program which outputs the original source again, and verifying all that with
countless test cases. Any objections or comments on that?

As for the plan, I now need to do a short description of the upcoming work
(what I intend to do, and how) and a list of mile stones with a schedule.

Roberto:
Is there some documentation on the kdevelop-pg grammar format?
(I guess there's none, but maybe I'm wrong?)
Which kind of grammar is it (LR, LL, LALR, ...)?

Should I target Java 1.4 or 1.5?
Should I derive from the KDevelop Java grammar or take another one?
Did I forget something important to ask?

If you got hints for me how to do it best (which steps to take, how to test
the grammar, or pointing me to obvious beginner faults) I'd certainly be glad
to get help.

Good luck to myself, on your behalf ;-]
  Jakob