Debugger maintainers (was Re: maintainers (was Re: Me wants me RIDE ;)

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Wed Oct 5 11:24:05 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 13:11, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 October 2005 11:06, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > Well, then it should be fixed back ;-)
>
> All it needs is to remove the UI editbox to edit the run program in the
> configure debugger tab and use the "active_target()" function provided by
> all project managers instead.

Yes, but I have some further plans. Now, if you have two debuggable progams,
things are inconvenient -- if both accept different arguments, you need to
manually change arguments each time you switch to debugging another program.

What I wanted is something like Eclipse. You define several debug targets, and
each has separate set of options (like arguments). In KDevelop, it will be
convenient to attach debug options to the targets in project view, with extra
ability to create several debug options for a single target.

So, it's also needed to associate extra information with targets.

> I did all that except removing the UI editbox, that confused a user that
> filed a BR causing a developer to revert my other changes :(

Hmm. does not sound very nice.

- Volodya