Pending breakpoints support

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Nov 17 15:57:02 UTC 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 16:00, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> I guess only John (jbb) can say for sure, but IIRC he voiced some concern
> about the original implementation when he committed it. He didn't seem
> completely happy with it but felt it was the best option available.
>
> If gdb has working support for this, I think it's a good a idea to put it
> to use. Especially if it simplifies the KDevelop code.
>
> I guess this will also remove the flood of "warnings" from gdb when
> kdevelop attempts to set breakpoints in as yet not loaded libraries?

I'd hope so. But it does not work this way. The you first insert breakpoint
it's marked as pending. When the library is loaded it's resolved. When you
re-run the application, gdb no longer considers the breakpoint pending, so it
tries to reinsert it after loading each library, producing lots of error
messages.

But at least that's no worse that what KDevelop does.

- Volodya