Pending breakpoints support

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Sat Nov 19 05:35:07 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 November 2005 00:00, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> I guess only John (jbb) can say for sure, but IIRC he voiced some concern
> about the original implementation when he committed it. He didn't seem
> completely happy with it but felt it was the best option available.
>
> If gdb has working support for this, I think it's a good a idea to put it
> to use. Especially if it simplifies the KDevelop code.

I agree that we should have this feature.  On my computer, running kdevelop
under GDB is very slow if I have set a breakpoint, as gdb has to stop after
fails, and starts gdb again.  If this all happened within gdb, I would hope
that I could set breakpoints and not worry that it will take an extra 30
seconds or so to start kdevelop under gdb.

Cheers,
Hamish.