Qt4 App template

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Nov 1 23:30:14 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 16:49, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a request for a feature to support distributions where Qt4 and
> Qt3 are installed via package manager side by side. Now I don't know how
> other linux distros do this, but debian renamed all qt4-binaries to
> <app>-qt4, i.e. qmake is now qmake-qt4. The same happens with the
> binaries from Qt3 and qmake is then a symlink into debian's alternative
> System. Now I don't want to change all  the alternatives from qt3 to qt4
> if I develop on a qt4 project and then back to qt3 if I work on qt3 or
> kde3 project. So I'd like to have an option to specifiy the names for
> binaries, like qmake, uic, rcc or designer, via  project options.
>
> Andreas

hmm, usually we simply do that by setting the correct QTDIR either pointing to
qt3 or to qt4.
I don't see how in kdevelop we can support these alternative symlinks and how
to make that work also for all distributions.

The easiest probably for you would be to set 2 different users, 1 in the qt3
environment and 1 in the qt4 environment and to switch between those 2...

Anne-Marie