Qt4 App template

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Nov 1 22:50:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

this is a request for a feature to support distributions where Qt4 and
Qt3 are installed via package manager side by side. Now I don't know how
other linux distros do this, but debian renamed all qt4-binaries to
<app>-qt4, i.e. qmake is now qmake-qt4. The same happens with the
binaries from Qt3 and qmake is then a symlink into debian's alternative
System. Now I don't want to change all  the alternatives from qt3 to qt4
if I develop on a qt4 project and then back to qt3 if I work on qt3 or
kde3 project. So I'd like to have an option to specifiy the names for
binaries, like qmake, uic, rcc or designer, via  project options.

Don't worry.  Life's too long.
		-- Vincent Sardi, Jr.