MS Visual Studio project manager

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 14:26:18 UTC 2005

On Sunday 24 July 2005 12:31 pm, JeDi wrote:
> I know I'm going to get a lot of critics about this, but I'm going to
> attempt to provide a MS Visual Studio project manager for kdevelop.
[...]
This would be an interesting plugin.  If you really want to have an easier
time of things you may wish to look at the "Project Manager".  This is the
new interface (and the one that will be preserved for KDevelop4) so that all
project managers can be manipulated genericly.  It should support most things
that the VC project manager supports.  The only thing you will have to
implement on your end will be the interaction with the C compilers.  VS
projects are a full build system, while KDevelops project files are nothing
more than wrappers around the native build system be it QMake or Autotools.

None the less, this would be interesting because it would at minimum give us a
VS build manager on linux, as well as a migration path from VS.

Cheers
 -ian reinhart geiser