New parser branch (Was: Dumping the source DOM?)

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at m4x.org
Wed Jul 13 14:33:03 UTC 2005

> it's not about parsing. We already have it.
You don't have it. You have it for a subset of valid C++ (that's what you
said at least). Was I suggested was to use a more complete off-line parser
for external dependencies (which do not need to be parsed real-time, or
refactoring, ...) and the much faster on-line parser for the actual code
being developed. Not everybody writes complex C++.

The thing I don't know is if the tools Vladimir talked about in this thread
are able to provide enough information for the code model you want to
introduce with the new parser.

As far as using XML, of course I was not suggesting that. In fact, I did
not "suggested" anything. I'm trying to find an something between your
position and the position of others who want to be able to use complex C++
libraries like boost.

Sylvain