debugger shortcuts

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Jul 1 13:55:13 UTC 2005

On Friday 01 July 2005 13:28, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi Andras,
>
> > On Friday 01 July 2005 13:11, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > > What's even more puzzling is that actions like "View -> Hide icon
> > > border" or "View -> Show line numbers" have some F keys as
> > > shortcuts.
> >
> > Those are Katepart shortcuts...
>
> Hmm.. is it possible to disable those? I guess those shortcuts are
> specified when katepart creates it's KAction's. Can KDevelop override
> those?

it is possible to disable them, altough it doesn't make much sense
because:
- other editors can be used inside KDevelop
- Katepart might change its shortcuts in the future.

Of course if something is desperately needed by KDevelop it is possible
to check for shortcuts on every KPart loading and disable those there
are used by KDevelop, but with the completely plugin based
architecture, this is not so nice/easy. For example if the debugger
plugin disabled F8 in other places, and another plugin will also try to
disable F8, this will be unpredictable and inconsistent for the user,
depending on the configured profile.

> I can't promise to actually fix those problems in any specific time
> frame, but I would appreciate if you provide a reproducible example.
> They might end up as bugs in gdb (I recall some breakpoint problems
> in construct), but anyway, would be great to know for sure.

I have no idea where are the bugs, but at least the second one I wrote
looks to be a KDevelop issue. I will post the testcases later (they all
are about debugging kdewebdev/quanta).

Andras