Implementation of get/setter for variables added through the "AddAttributDialog"

Sascha Herrmann starfox899 at web.de
Mon Feb 16 16:44:02 UTC 2004

Sascha Cunz wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>The idea was to implement again automatic get/setters into
>>AddAttributDialog as it was was once in kdevelop 2.x.
>>As far as i browsed the source code i recognized that there is already
>>an implementation for adding functions via the AddMethodDialog. So i
>>guess even i could implement get/setters easyly IF I MAY use the
>>methodes declared in AddMethodDialog.
>>So my question is how am i allowed to use functions(especially some
>>parts of AddMethodDialog::accept()) of AddMethodDialog?? May i declare
>>AddMethodDialog and AddAttributDialog as friends or "simply" refactor
>>the parts i need and "copy" them to AddAttributDialog?? (I guess the
>>second idea is the worse one!)
>>

>without having a deeper look at the source, shouldn't those functions be
>implemented inside the language support part ( and posibly belong to the
>interface of an upcoming "unified project manager")?

Hmm, i looked at the 3.0.0-release sources, and there the whole thing is
implemented as shown on the picture [1]! So in my opinion it should look
something like:

QDialog <- AddMethodDialogBase <--+ AddMethodDialog
                                   AddMethod<-/

where AddMethod contains the whole calcualtion and adding stuff.

Don't know why they did it their way. Maybe someone knows??? Maybe they
have had their reasons??? But for the moment it's impossible (for me) to
call functions from addmethod without calling the whole dialog (and no
one wants to have a complete function dialog for just adding get and set!)

so far
greetings
"the other" sascha ;-)

[1] http://www.stud.uni-bayreuth.de/~a5716/kdevelop.png