Qt Designer version differences (was: Yet another CVS compile error)

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Sun Sep 14 18:56:03 UTC 2003

On Sunday 14 September 2003 15:37, Bernd Pol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Sunday 14 September 2003 04:53, jbb wrote:
> >> When using designer from qt3.2, as long as we change the version
> >> number in the generated ui files back to 3.1, it seems to work.

doctreeglobalconfigwidgetbase.ui is saved with 3.1 designer:
<!DOCTYPE UI><UI version="3.1" stdsetdef="1">

> > It is not that simple as changing the version number (I thought so,
> > too). It did compile here only after I explicitly saved the files back
> > through the Qt 3.1Designer (only the parts/doctreeview ui stuff).
> > There
> > must be some incompatibility which doesn't show up most of the time.
>
> Now, having slept a few hours I decided to have deeper look at those
> mystics: *** There are differences! ***
> I have two diffs attached, my Qt 3.1 Designer saved version vs. CVS HEAD
> version.
> The main problem is with doctreeglobalconfigwidgetbase.ui. There seems
> some vital information been lost by the downgraded save. Please have a
> look at it.

It seems that you have no kde widget plugins installed!
If you don't have Tools | Input (KDE) menu entries then you don't have kde
widget plugins. Please check your kdelibs installation.
There should be (for SuSE)
/opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/designer
directory with kdewidgets.so file withing.
File is in kdelibs3 package.

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, IT Department