Qt Designer version differences (was: Yet another CVS compile error)

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Sun Sep 14 14:42:04 UTC 2003

Hi,

> On Sunday 14 September 2003 04:53, jbb wrote:
>> When using designer from qt3.2, as long as we change the version
>> number in the generated ui files back to 3.1, it seems to work.
>
> It is not that simple as changing the version number (I thought so,
> too). It did compile here only after I explicitly saved the files back
> through the Qt 3.1Designer (only the parts/doctreeview ui stuff).
> There
> must be some incompatibility which doesn't show up most of the time.

Now, having slept a few hours I decided to have deeper look at those
mystics: *** There are differences! ***
I have two diffs attached, my Qt 3.1 Designer saved version vs. CVS HEAD
version.
The main problem is with doctreeglobalconfigwidgetbase.ui. There seems
some vital information been lost by the downgraded save. Please have a
look at it.

Bernd