class libs/widget/KTabBar conflicts with class kdelibs/kdeui/KTabBar

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Mon Oct 13 07:16:04 UTC 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:49, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> jbb wrote:
> >qt=3.2
> >kde cvs head
> >kdevelop cvs head from about 5hrs ago.
> >
> >class libs/widget/KTabBar conflicts with class kdelibs/kdeui/KTabBar and
> >causes a crash on closing kdevelop (I think this is the cause of #65693)
> >
> >Changing the name of this class fixes this crash, but then exposes a
> > second crash on exit. I do not know whether KTabBar should be renamed or
> > removed for cvs head. Could someone who knows what it does have a look.
> >
> >The second crash causes "backtrace" attached. I removed CervisiaPlugin
> > from the plugin list and then get "backtrace2". I suspect a kde bug here
> > but I don't know. Anybody want to hazard a guess :-)
> >
> >Also the CervisiaPlugin code isn't compiled by default (hence the line
> > numbers are incorrect). Is this intended? Should the version be bumped so
> > old plugins don't get loaded?
> >
> >And lastly clicking on a line in the framstack loads the file in a new tab
> >correctly but leaves you on the file that was previously being displayed.
> >This is most annoying...
> >
> >Lots of questions, no answers...
>
> Hi JBB - Yes, just a question :-)
> You talk about the displaying of files... Do you use a KMdi UI mode or
> just KDevelop-IDEAl?

using the alpha state mdi-IDEAl mode... hmmm yes alpha state. Well I'll try
the other's and see, but it used to work last week or so.

btw - a new clean compile may have solved the staticDeleter crash in
backtrace2

> CU, F at lk
>
> P.S.: Put KTabBar in a compat namespace similar like in
> lib/qextmdi/*_compat.h/cpp

So they're the same thing then? I can probably do it sometime this week (with
a bit of luck) :-)

jbb