grepview features

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Fri Mar 7 09:51:05 UTC 2003

Hi,

> I am using sniff+ ide for a long time (sourcenav like, since sourcenav
> is a clone of commercial SNIFF+), and one wonderful feature in this
> product is a RETRIEVER that allows to search /replace in many files and
> allows quick browsing and navigation in files.
>
> I have never found another similar powerfull tool in other IDE.
>
> I think this should be nice to implement the same thing in Kdevelop, it
> would mean improve grepview, in the same dialog, you can search/replace
> in multiple files, change all files....I think it should not be too long
> to implement, since everything exists in Kdevelop to do this...
>

> Is it possible to send a screenshot of this window in the list, in order
> to have your advice.
YES!
If you implement that, you'll be nominated for the KDevelop award 2003. ;-)

Ciao
F at lk

P.S.: It would also be cool if I must not put a backslash in a search string
when I want to search for instance this:  anyMethod(int
Currently I must write
   anyMethod\(int
in the editbox of the search dialog.