Gideon snapshot

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Wed Jun 25 03:40:07 UTC 2003

>I never heard any objections to the proposal I raised before, which was to
>incorporate Gideon as a release with KDE 3.2 - just like Quanta is.  In fact,
>I've already told Stephan Kulow to do this.
>
>This means that we're following the KDE 3.2 release timeline as posted on the
>KDE website.
>
>So, we'll have one more "alpha" or "snapshot" release in about 4 weeks, then
>we'll be working with the same schedule as 3.2 (and be switching to two
>branches at that point).  With this, we'll also get packaged up by the
>packagers with every KDE release - an added bonus!
>
>Any objections?  This is what I've proposed before, but no one has thus far
>objected.

We have fixed 151 bugs since Alpha4. So I really think that we need an
Alpha5 in a week or so.
The Alpha that is synced with KDE could then be named Alpha6.

Regarding recomending KDevelop3 over KDevelop2.x, we have fixed 390 bugs
since the last
KDevelop2.x (OK, of these 390 only 105 where from the KDevelop2.x
series, the rest was
Gideon related, but anyways...) so I have no prob whatsoever recomending
Gideon over
KDevelop2.

But with the 151 bugs closed since A4 a find it dificult to recomend A4.

Just my 2cent

--
Amilcar Lucas