nedit part

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Thu Jun 19 12:49:09 UTC 2003

Hello Nathan,

On Thursday 19 June 2003 05:10, Nathan Gray wrote:
> I'm an NEdit developer and I'm trying to get the NEdit KTextEditor part
> working under gideon.  I've downloaded and built gideon from CVS but I
> can't seem to get NEdit as an option in the editor selection dropdown menu.
>
> Does anybody have this working?

The NEdit part is just a proof of concept, a two days hack of mine to get it
working. It is far from usable and has little or no error recovery.

Imho it belongs into kdenonbeta or kdeextragear like the kvim part so that
more apps can make use of it (like Konqueror, KMail etc.). But since I don't
have time to maintain it, I'll just let it rot in the KDevelop tree. To build
it, you have to create the Makefile manually:

cd kdevelop/parts
create_makefile nedit/Makefile
cd nedit
make && make install

The main problem is the communication Gideon <-> NEdit, can you think of a
nice way to get the current line number for the status display without
constant polling?

Best regards,
Harry