New document switching mode

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Tue Jan 28 08:48:05 UTC 2003

Hi!

> Am Monday 27 January 2003 23:18 schrieb Jens Zurheide:
> I was missing this feature, too and often tried to implemented it and gave
> up
> again ( due to lack of QT/KDE experience ). However, my approach was (
> being
> a VS 6 user ), to sort the list of open documents in the 'Windows' menu by
>
> last-viewed, and attach a number-shortcut to all of them. That means, the
> current window is always the first. Then comes the window/view you had
> open
> before and so on. So switching between to views was something like ALT-W +
> 2,
> ALT-W + 3, etc. This system works well together with that of VS 7: Press
> CTRL
> and hold it, press TAB several times to get to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc last
> viewed document ( and CTRL+SHIFT+TAB to go backwards ).

Thinking from a KDevelop user's point of view:
1.) Yes, I also like very much your feature of cycling through the views in
"last-viewed" order by holding the Ctrl key and pressing another key several
times. This is similar to Ctrl+F6 in MS Visual C++ 6.0 which is one of the
most often used key combinations when coding there. Jörg, is Ctrl+F6 still a
free accel in KDevelop-3?
2.) But additionally,  I'd also like to have a constant view accelerator for
a view. For instance, if it's Alt+3 (or whatever key), it shouldn't change
to Alt+1. So in a session, you can always be sure Alt+8 is foo.cpp.

Does your patch match both thoughts? Sorry, currently, I don't have enough
time to try your patch...

Cheers
F at lk