New document switching mode

Jörg Rüppel asharky at uni.de
Tue Jan 28 03:57:05 UTC 2003

Am Monday 27 January 2003 23:18 schrieb Jens Zurheide:
[snip]

> But to start from the beginning: I encounter the situation very often that
> I switch mainly between two different files. Usually these are the
> implementation file and the header file or documentation/code windows.
> Being a VS-user I am used to the Ctrl-Tab key shortcut and I was missing
> this one in gideon. So I started to implement it myself to avoid the "Hey,
> how about a patch?" question  :p

I was missing this feature, too and often tried to implemented it and gave up
again ( due to lack of QT/KDE experience ). However, my approach was ( being
a VS 6 user ), to sort the list of open documents in the 'Windows' menu by
last-viewed, and attach a number-shortcut to all of them. That means, the
current window is always the first. Then comes the window/view you had open
before and so on. So switching between to views was something like ALT-W + 2,
ALT-W + 3, etc. This system works well together with that of VS 7: Press CTRL
and hold it, press TAB several times to get to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc last
viewed document ( and CTRL+SHIFT+TAB to go backwards ).

--
Jörg Rüppel
http://www.sharky-x.de

Dr. Zoidberg: "Talk to the claw."