Missing tab texts in IDEAL mode

Mario Scalas mario.scalas at libero.it
Thu Jan 23 21:56:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 22:33, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 20 January 2003 21:15, Mario Scalas wrote:
> > ... and the tabs-in-black. No idea why, but playing with virtual screens
> > make them display right (dotNET style here with almost no effects).
>
> Did you try switching to a Qt built-in style? Like Qt Motif or Qt Wind...?

I tried with Qt-Motif: no change at all.

> > Till now: gideon looks very promising (I very much like the UI) but it is
> > pretty unusable for me. I think that I'll stick on the more proved
> > kdevelop-2.1.4  and give gideon another try in a few months. I've not the
> > KDE experience to cope with debugging such a massive project.
>
> but you do know that you can also have the QExtMdi modes as in KDevelop 2.x
> in gideon? Do you have any redraw problems in TabPage mode?

EHmm ... yes but I never tried any of these because IDEAL wa too nice ;)

> Btw, it is no problem installing/running gideon and KDevelop 2.x parallel
> :)

My gentoo is of a different idea :)  but I will try getting CVS sources and
compiling them on my own (no ebuild), installing in my $HOME/kde dir.

Mario Scalas <mario.scalas at libero.it>
Homepage: http://digilander.iol.it/zakuteam