Gideon & Kdevelop-2 project imports

Iztok Kobal iztok.kobal at sysen.si
Tue Aug 12 08:58:04 UTC 2003

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:

> Iztok Kobal wrote:
>

>> 3. I have zillion of KDevelop-2.1 projects and I need to import them
>> into the KDevelop-3 format - the import filter is not yet done
>

> It works here! You even have two options:

I have finally found some time to give'em a shot.

> File -> Open project... -> (select "KDevelop 2 project files" in file
> filter)

Gideon: You don't have 'kdevprj2kdevelop' installed :-(

Comment: well, why not being integrated into the Gideon ?

> File -> Import existing project (select "Generic C++ application
> (automake based)" in Project Type)

Gideon:There is no files in the project yet - populate with the C/Java
files down the filesystem tree ? (or something similar)
Me: Yes.
Comment: Nothing happens. The FileGroups window is empty. :'(

> I prefer the second option

I prefer none because they do not work for me. At least without kdevelop
newsgroup help. O:-)

BTW,  whenever I buid Gideon it fails with the following. I ignore this
because it obviously builds and runs without this stuff related to the
doc/kdevelop/index.docbook. Or not ?

#> make
index.docbook:22: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
]>
 ^
index.docbook:24: error: Entity 'language' not defined
<book lang="&language;">
                      ^
index.docbook:24: validity error: No declaration for attribute lang on
element book
<book lang="&language;">
                       ^
index.docbook:27: validity error: No declaration for element title
<title>&kdevelop; Documentation</title>
                                      ^
index.docbook:29: validity error: No declaration for element date
<date>2002-11-25</date>
                      ^
index.docbook:30: validity error: No declaration for element releaseinfo
<releaseinfo>3.0</releaseinfo>
                             ^
index.docbook:34: validity error: No declaration for element firstname
<firstname>Bernd</firstname>
                           ^
index.docbook:35: validity error: No declaration for element surname
<surname>Gehrmann</surname>
                          ^
index.docbook:36: validity error: No declaration for element email
                                                       ^
index.docbook:36: validity error: No declaration for element address
                                                                 ^
index.docbook:36: validity error: No declaration for element affiliation

^
index.docbook:37: validity error: No declaration for element author
</author>
        ^
index.docbook:39: validity error: No declaration for element firstname
<firstname>Caleb</firstname>
                           ^
index.docbook:40: validity error: No declaration for element surname
<surname>Tennis</surname>
                        ^
index.docbook:41: validity error: No declaration for element email
                                                       ^
index.docbook:41: validity error: No declaration for element address
                                                                 ^
index.docbook:41: validity error: No declaration for element affiliation

^
index.docbook:42: validity error: No declaration for element author
</author>

etc.etc.etc......

index.docbook:2092: validity error: No declaration for element index
<index id="indexchapter"/>
                         ^
index.docbook:2093: validity error: No declaration for element book
</book>
      ^
make[3]: *** [index.cache.bz2] Error 1
make[3]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/iztokk/c/KDevelop/kde3src/gideon/kdevelop/doc/kdevelop'

Regards !

Iztok