To INSTALL or not to INSTALL? The question is : how usefull is it!

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Mon Apr 7 13:48:06 UTC 2003

On Monday 07 April 2003 07:30 am, jalal wrote:
> Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> I think in many places in the world (e.g. Germany, where I live) having
> a full time internet connection is something of a luxury. I'd much
> prefer reading the INSTALL info without having to go online.
>
> Also, there are many folks in developing nations where being on line is
> not such a "natural state" and having local install instructions would
> be very useful.
>
> jalal

In that case, put the whole website in the CVS and keep the graphics light.  I
just find the idea of maintaining two documents that should say exactly the
same thing to be an unnecessary burden.

I didn't realize things were still like that in Germany.  I do understand the
problems of locations where the infrastructure is not ideal. I recall how it
was back before Algore invented the Internet. ;-)  Thanks for reminding me
how things are for others.  I guess we can become complacent in our
technological isolation sometimes.

STH