Gideon Docs

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Tue Nov 26 10:36:02 UTC 2002

Hi!

> I wouldn't prefer to remove the parts listed below from CVS!
> Okay, they aren't 100% finished/working/whatever, but they have the
> benefit that you could easily check up how to write a certain part for
> Gideon.
> And they aren't that large...

I agree. For instance the VisualboyAdvance plugin, shows how to add support
for crosscompiler,emulator and so on.

And some of them works quite good. I would agree to remove not working or not
stable plugins from the release, but from the CVS?

> > I suggest to also do this with the exotic parts:
> >  - buglist
> >  - fortransupport
> >  - javadebugger
> >  - javasupport
> >  - nedit
> >  - perforce
> >  - perlsupport
> >  - phpsupport
> >  - pythonsupport
> >  - scripting
> >  - scriptproject
> >  - visualboyadvance
> >  - ... and likely more ...
> > to ease the *common Qt/KDE-C++ IDE* from such overkill.

I thought the vision of Gideon was an general purpose IDE. If you want a
common Qt/KDE-C++ IDE, there is KDevelop or?

Sandy