Gideon Docs

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Mon Nov 25 23:59:02 UTC 2002

Caleb Tennis wrote:

>In light of the fact that the documentation for Gideon is mostly incomplete, I
>am attempting to write some stuff up.  I plan on doing it in small chunks as
>time permits, so if you notice incompleteness please be patient.
>
>On a common note, I do believe that it is time to do something about the
>"extra" documentation in the cvs directory.  I had proposed before that we
>remove it from the cvs tree and maintain it somewhere else with appropriate
>links, and perhaps give users the ability to install locally if they would
>like.
>
>Does anyone have objections to me removing this from cvs (stl, libc, kdearch,
>kde2book)?

No objections from me.

I suggest to also do this with the exotic parts:
  - buglist
  - fortransupport
  - javadebugger
  - javasupport
  - nedit
  - perforce
  - perlsupport
  - phpsupport
  - pythonsupport
  - scripting
  - scriptproject
  - visualboyadvance
  - ... and likely more ...
to ease the *common Qt/KDE-C++ IDE* from such overkill.
Earlier someone suggested to split KDevelop during packaging but I
suppose it will never happen or just in a few distros.

Ciao
F at lk